The interior of our apartment is looking so festive that it put me in a holiday shopping mood and I spent the majority of yesterday afternoon crossing people off my gift list. Lots of packages will be arriving at my place over the next few days (I LOVE getting packages, even if they’re not for me) and of course with all that shopping for others you know it was inevitable that I’d take a look at a few things for myself (tis the season after all 😉 ).
I’d like to share with you some items I wouldn’t mind finding underneath our tree come Christmas day. Keep reading to see my holiday wish lists for my closet, my home, and my hair!
DCT take note 😉
1. We all know I love a statement sweatshirt and this Madewell Bien Fiat sweatshirt is too good to pass up.
2. Faux fur is one of my kryptonites. And this Forever 21 faux fur vest with a fringed hem would be a perfect addition to my collection.
3. Sequins, stripes and everything nice. That’s this ASOS sequin stripe tee dress in a nutshell.
4. I believe you can never have too much leopard print. It’s especially chic in these ASOS pony leopard print flats.
5. I may be struggling to let go of my old pea coat, but the texture and oversize fit of this TopShop boyfriend coat could win me over.
6. I was tweeting/pinning this Anthropologie bracelet like a crazy lady. This is a must have that I may just purchase for myself
7. Soon after Christmas follows NYE and these Sole Society heels have just the right amount of glitz for the night!
8. I love a good pop of color during the winter and these Anthropologie leather gloves would do just the trick!
So the items I picked out for the home I think truly show who I am as a person – I really enjoy adult beverages (I mean even the candle I like is called ‘Mimosa’) food, and if I could spend most of my days in a robe and slippers…I probably would
1. I want to start collecting wall prints and I think this Note to Self ‘Smile, there’s wine’ print would look might fine in my kitchen, above the wine rack
2. We love our candles in my apartment and the Diptyque ‘Mimosa’ has to be one of my favorites!
3. I’ve always been a bit of a homebody so lounge wear is very important to me and I’m loving the barely there tie-dye print on this Forever 21 kimono sleeve robe.
4. I don’t do much cooking, but I like a cool cookbook. The Chelsea Market was one of my and DCT’s favorite spots while we were in NYC, we probably stopped there 4x out of the 5 days we were in the city (the oyster bar is where it’s at!) and this Chelsea Market Cookbook would be a nice token of our visit!
5. Another wall print referencing drinking Who doesn’t love champagne and dancing? This is just a given.
6. Our apartment has all wood flooring so it gets pretty chilly during the winter, therefore house slippers are a must have. I’m loving how cozy these Muk Luks look and they would pair so nicely with the tie-dye robe.
7. Another cookbook, another French inspired item to add to my home. Seriously, I think I may have been French in another life 😉
8. Coasters that reference drinking! Are you beginning to see the trend here?
9. For the travel bug in me, I love the idea behind the New York Times 36 Hours! It’s a great collection of quick getaways and I could see DCT and I getting a lot of use out of this.
1. A natural hair artist I recently discovered – Sharee Miller – creates really cute and fun natural hair illustrations that I absolutely adore! These throw pillows would be perfect for the bedroom or my future office space 😉
3. More natural hair illustrations, specifically for my future wall collage, it’s amazing what you can find on Etsy!
4. Tis the season for the closet product junkie in me to try something new and I’ve heard nothing but great reviews on Karen’s Body Beautiful Butter Love. My curls and I love a rich and thick hair butter and this just might fit the bill.
5. Another fabulous afro illustration but in t-shirt form. I would dress this up and rock it with leather pants, a blazer, and statement pumps.
6. I’ve always been a fan of Carol’s Daughter products and would love to add more to my product arsenal.
7. A great coffee table book and another must-have for any natural chica, The Coiffure Project is a beautiful collection of the natural hair revolution featuring gorgeous portraits of women with natural hair.
What’s on your wish list?
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend! HAPPY FRIDAY!