Hi everyone! We all know Solange Knowles is my number one style muse and – in my head – my natural hair twin. However, I recently discovered a new natural fashionista who is turning heads both in Hollywood and the fashion scene. Meet Lupita Nyong’o – a name you should definitely get to know! Not only for her recent debut in Steve McQueen’s 12 Years A Slave, but for her flawless sense of style both on and off the red carpet.
I absolutely adore Lupita’s fearless use of color, with her gorgeous ebony skin she can get away with wearing practically any shade of the rainbow and still look amazing. I also admire how she chooses pieces that are very minimal and simple in design, allowing for the bold colors to really make a statement. And can we just talk about how much she rocks her twa? I mean seriously. She makes me want to chop all my hair off again – DCT, hide the clippers!
If you’re just as inspired as I am by her bold and chic sense of style here are some ideas for incorporating her look into your daily wardrobe.
1. Look for classic, ladylike shapes, such as shift dresses and pointed-toe pumps.
2. Don’t be afraid of color, it’s the star of the show after all. However do avoid really loud prints and over-embellishment.
3. Keep accessories to a minimum, a simple clutch and tear drop earrings are more than enough, remember you want the focus to be on the color and cut of your outfit.
4. Look for interesting design elements that compliment the piece such as an open back or unusual neckline.
5. Go for colors that compliment your skin tone (unfortunately we can’t all have Lupita’s complexion), be confident, and have fun!
*Shop the Style Inspiration*
What do you all think of Lupita? Do you see her as an up-and-coming fashion star?
Thanks for reading ! Happy Monday!